Monday, July 4, 2011

Intensive Reading Blog Question (Chapter 1): Lim Hao Yang

What are your thoughts and feelings about depression, loneliness, heartbreaks, being different from your peers, and having to put up a front? How do/would you deal with some of these issues.


Feelings of depression, loneliness, heartbreaks, being different, and having to put up a front is a normal part of any teenager's life. In his or her growing years, a teenager tend to feel different as compared to when he or she was a child as he or she would be trying to cope with the newly-perceived selfish society. Children perceive the world as innocent and straight forward, having the "I am no different from you" mentality due to the limited options they have. However, as teenagers, we will tend to branch out into our own interests. 


Dealing with these problems is no easy task. I know that I'm different—it took some time to understand that. The natural reaction will be to try to blend in and pretend nothing is wrong, but that is never perfect. I stand out a lot, and reveal my feelings. Hence I got use to it, and soon understand that there is nothing wrong with feeling so.

No comments:

Post a Comment