Monday, July 4, 2011

Intensive Reading Reflection: Liau Zheng En

What are your thoughts and feelings about depression, loneliness, heartbreaks, being different from your peers, and having to put up a front? How do/would you deal with some of these issues.

As teenagers, we are easily affected by feelings of others as we do not want to be neglected by our peers. Depression happens when one does not accept him or herself, which then results in one questioning him or herself. Managing with depression is easy if we look in the perspective of one being special and unique. Being different from others basically means we are special in a different way compared to others.

People often join the crowd when we feel uncertain and lonely. This does not always get you attention but make one seem less important in the crowd. People who are lonely tend to seek attention as they do not want to be left out in the group. Being too hopeful not only leads to depression but also heartbreaks. Heartbreaks often happen when we over-react or think too much over incidents regarding relationships.

Being one's self is still the best as we are all unique in some way. I accept myself and due to my religion, I also know that I do not need anyone else acceptance except for my God. As a Christian, I am able to handle my emotions well as I know that I need not please anyone to be accepted. I believe that I am unique and that my specialty will be used for a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment