Monday, October 3, 2011

Group 5 - Chin Fan, Zheng En, Marcus, Shawn

I hesitantly took my step into the office but the light scent of donuts and mouth-watering waffles that was hovering in the air did not relieve my tension. “Take a seat.” I perched on the soft cushioned seat as I took a deep breath and prepared for the worst. My boss reached into her desk drawer, fumbled through it and took out a white, plain envelope. She slid it slowly across the table. With shaky hands, I nervously opened it. Inside, a retrenchment letter resides. With her calm and authoritative voice, she told me that I was no longer needed, that I was free to go. But I all I could think of was digging a hole big enough to fit me and hide there. I clutched at the letter with grief and anger, thinking, “This isn’t my fault! How can she do this to me!? This is madness!”

No comments:

Post a Comment