Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Intensive Reading Questions for Chapter 2: Hurting Myself (Sun Jie Min)

How comfortable are you with yourself & how do ensure you do not hurt yourself?
I am not very comfortable with myself, and sometimes feel insecure, thus I try to be optimistic and look at my strengths and improve on my weaknesses.
I will consult a helpful adult if I have problems, and I will make friends with the right people. People who will be there for me when I need them. I will say 'No' to anything against my principles. I am afraid to even imagine cutting myself, so I hope that I do not hurt myself.

Do you need to fit in to be happy? Do you need to be popular?
I accept that I am different from everyone and I do not 'need' to fit in or be popular to be happy, though it will probably increase my self-esteem and confidence. As long as I am happy with myself, there is no need to be popular.

What keeps you true to yourself and keep you positive about yourself?
I will not go out of my way just to be somebody who I'm not, or what the world expects. I will constantly improve my character.

How you deal with pressure to achieve or be the perfect student?
I will truly try my best and know where I stand. I will not be overconfident and set myself too high a target.

No comments:

Post a Comment